Earth Day 22.4.2011
Listen to the rhythm of the rain falling,
as it falls on the roof above.
And listen to the birds singing,
as they wake you in the morning to move.
Listen to the rhythm the wind makes,
as it blows through the grass and leaves.
And listen to your inner voice that talks,
telling you to rise like the sun and believe.
Listen to the rhythm of the ocean playing,
as it drums against all the shores.
As the sea shell for you is singing,
the song of the sea as to your ear you hold.
Listen to all these rhythms and see,
animals on land and seas play in harmony.
Without these animals what life would be,
devoid of music lives would be empty.
Listen to each one playing in a band,
Each has a piece of a lovely tune to play,
As all players are needed on hand
we also play a role in nature's plan
By cherishing every living thing on earth
We are in tune with Mother Nature
After all we are a part of nature's wealth
indirectly linked to each other.
renu kakkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth Day 22.4.2011 by renu kakkar )
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Bored, Margaret Atwood
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)