At the start of each day, turn your eyes eastwards
and you will see the sky slowly open up her heart
to reveal a mighty dazzling orb, shimmering in the
Then look into your own heart to see if you can catch
a glimpse of its reflection there. If you can, then
you have, for a brief moment, touched eternity.
If you don`t see it, then close your eyes and keep
trying so that one day you surely will, and its beauty
will be so great that you will never ever turn away.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eastwards by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Some I saved from the bin, GRANT FRASER
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah