A perfect orbital and
A perfect moon,
Me and Eileen
Had been switching
Since the ancient time.
Both, we like the sunlight
Both, we like spinning around
Until the sun came between us
A perfect eclipse occurred
The light fainted.
I closed my eyes.
I only open them
To watch the sun or Eileen
Or may be I was scared;
The eclipse is always seen as
A bad luck.
Hope is it was just
A blink from
A promising universe.
Hope, the moon will return
On its track
Because without Eileen
I am a flat ocean
Or lover’s slack.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eclipse by Atef Ayadi )
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)