Education is the key to success,
It is an ongoing process.
Each day of existence,
Adds to our knowledge, wisdom and experience.
Alas! We live in a world where degrees matter,
So many dreams, does this harsh reality shatter.
For education is not easily accessible,
In this overpopulated world, where even basic amenities are not available.
That education does not mean mugging different precepts and concepts,
Is a popular theory which every eminent educationist accepts,
Alas! The same educationists support the system of examination,
Which demands rote memorization.
It is a myth that we can attain knowledge,
Only at a school or a college.
Self-education is the best kind of learning,
Knowledge thus gained, is permanent and enriching.
Note: By ivy league, I mean the top colleges and universities in India. I don't think we have a term to define them.
Supriya Prathapan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Education by Supriya Prathapan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal