Education is the key to success,
It is an ongoing process.
Each day of existence,
Adds to our knowledge, wisdom and experience.
Alas! We live in a world where degrees matter,
So many dreams, does this harsh reality shatter.
For education is not easily accessible,
In this overpopulated world, where even basic amenities are not available.
That education does not mean mugging different precepts and concepts,
Is a popular theory which every eminent educationist accepts,
Alas! The same educationists support the system of examination,
Which demands rote memorization.
It is a myth that we can attain knowledge,
Only at a school or a college.
Self-education is the best kind of learning,
Knowledge thus gained, is permanent and enriching.
Note: By ivy league, I mean the top colleges and universities in India. I don't think we have a term to define them.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Education by Supriya Prathapan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Mere Wish, Bushra Hassan
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen