RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Wondering if I matter at all in this sorry world.
Does it matter if I'm alive or dead?
Does anyone realize that I am only a shell sitting here in front of them?
That there's nothing left of me inside of what you visually see?
Totally drained, no longer caring, wishing only for death.
There is no one who can see beneath my eyelids, no way to tell that I have already departed from this horrid world and the so-called friends of haughty reasoning.
Becoming bullies in their old age, thinking they are above spiritual reckoning.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Elderly Bullies by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer
- Christmas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Pretty Rose Tree, Luo Zhihai