She stands so eleganty,
she stands so pretty,
pretty girl is suffering,
pretty girl is drowning,
Elegantly she floats through the last of her days.
Pretty girl drinks it all down,
Pretty girl passes out,
pretty girl doesn't cry out,
she screams in silence,
she stands alone in a crowded room,
no room for any more pain.
She lays there so quietly, she lays there so innocently,
Innocence lost, losing her own battle, a fight she can't seem to win,
Pretty girl so skinny,
Pretty girl so sickly,
Pretty girl is drowning.
Her memories haunt so elegantly,
She used to stand so pretty,
Pretty girl sufferers no more,
She rinces it all down,
Pretty girl poured her life out.
Amanda Swindahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elegantly Drowning by Amanda Swindahl )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke