Elmo's Poem (In Loving Memory)
An angel called you
And told you to close your eyes,
Listen to your owner's
Soft, sweet lullabies.
The soft strokes on your back
As you smile to her face
She thinks you'll be alright
But you've suffered silently for days.
She whispers I love you
As she gets her coat on to go,
Your sending silent goodbyes
Through her mind so she knows.
You take a big yawn
And fall fast asleep,
Taking one final breath
Before she finds and weeps.
Your spirit has gone from this Earth
Leaving her sad and she cares,
But she know you'll be in Heaven
With God so she trusts you there.
Goodbye my friend
Goodbye my pet,
She cries softly to herself
And you are one she'll never forget
Kelsey Joe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elmo's Poem (In Loving Memory) by Kelsey Joe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz