Erica Blasberg (In Memorial) Beauty & The Beast
Pro Golf takes an eagle’s strength, a dove’s grace,
With the body in contortion, a smile is on the face,
Combination of two opposites, beauty & the beast,
Least likely & most accomplished, famine or feast.
Men’s game is ferocious, LPGA is breakneck speed,
As a lioness pride in the jungle, the kill must bleed,
And although these combatants are friends for sure,
There’s no jealousy but pressure’s quicksand on tour.
Sponsors, commercials, coach, first class, private jet,
Nothing lasts forever now is now get all you can get,
TV commentators and photographers, media galore,
You give your best effort but the fans demand more.
Lopez, Sorenstam, Ochoa, Pressel, Pepper, Inkster,
Gulbis, Wie, Mallon, King, Kerr, Rankin, Creamer,
Daniel, Davies, but for the wrong reasons we heard,
Good looks & talent don’t = success, Erica Blasberg.
There is a program, “Outside The Lines” on ESPN,
Host Bob Lee, dad Mel didn’t know where to begin,
Although they and everyone knew it was a sad end,
How is it possible at 25 on tour, she had no friends?
Film clips showed her father pushing her, no regrets,
He claimed it was what she desired you want to bet?
Having an affair, married man, until it ended, crash,
Suicide with all that talent, bright future, plenty cash?
Quandary, beautiful people kill themselves all the time,
And a person worth millions, fast as one worth a dime,
Poorest ghetto in New York or a Manhattan Penthouse,
Highly groomed poodle, friendly neighborhood mouse.
Henderson, Nevada, police investigation, might we know?
Her father says she didn’t kill herself, evidence will show,
However there’s something missing here as in all suicides,
“I will never fail you or forsake you”, is God at your side?
Is it possible to believe and at the same time still give up?
Dad said his daughter was, “very upbeat” but guess what?
Suicide is not always advertised with a banner or big sign,
In a heartbeat the strongest can become the weakest mind.
“Train up a child in the way, when older they will not depart, ”
Proverbs 22: 6, teaches the finish is always linked to the start,
Bob Lee talked about the tour, last days of her life, everything,
Except the calm before the pending storm only God can bring.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Erica Blasberg (In Memorial) Beauty & The Beast by Luke Easter )
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
- Dunderheaded Love Stories (Adwoa Xanthe), Dexsta Ray
- an unpassionate night, lee fones
- Mobocracy, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)