Erica Blasberg (In Memorial) Beauty & The Beast
Pro Golf takes an eagle’s strength, a dove’s grace,
With the body in contortion, a smile is on the face,
Combination of two opposites, beauty & the beast,
Least likely & most accomplished, famine or feast.
Men’s game is ferocious, LPGA is breakneck speed,
As a lioness pride in the jungle, the kill must bleed,
And although these combatants are friends for sure,
There’s no jealousy but pressure’s quicksand on tour.
Sponsors, commercials, coach, first class, private jet,
Nothing lasts forever now is now get all you can get,
TV commentators and photographers, media galore,
You give your best effort but the fans demand more.
Lopez, Sorenstam, Ochoa, Pressel, Pepper, Inkster,
Gulbis, Wie, Mallon, King, Kerr, Rankin, Creamer,
Daniel, Davies, but for the wrong reasons we heard,
Good looks & talent don’t = success, Erica Blasberg.
There is a program, “Outside The Lines” on ESPN,
Host Bob Lee, dad Mel didn’t know where to begin,
Although they and everyone knew it was a sad end,
How is it possible at 25 on tour, she had no friends?
Film clips showed her father pushing her, no regrets,
He claimed it was what she desired you want to bet?
Having an affair, married man, until it ended, crash,
Suicide with all that talent, bright future, plenty cash?
Quandary, beautiful people kill themselves all the time,
And a person worth millions, fast as one worth a dime,
Poorest ghetto in New York or a Manhattan Penthouse,
Highly groomed poodle, friendly neighborhood mouse.
Henderson, Nevada, police investigation, might we know?
Her father says she didn’t kill herself, evidence will show,
However there’s something missing here as in all suicides,
“I will never fail you or forsake you”, is God at your side?
Is it possible to believe and at the same time still give up?
Dad said his daughter was, “very upbeat” but guess what?
Suicide is not always advertised with a banner or big sign,
In a heartbeat the strongest can become the weakest mind.
“Train up a child in the way, when older they will not depart, ”
Proverbs 22: 6, teaches the finish is always linked to the start,
Bob Lee talked about the tour, last days of her life, everything,
Except the calm before the pending storm only God can bring.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Erica Blasberg (In Memorial) Beauty & The Beast by Luke Easter )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak