Escape to Dreams | Poems From My Youth
In my dreams I can see;
I can see so far away.
I wish I knew who I might be
Long from now when I will say:
'I can hardly even think
Of when I thought of this day.
So far to come, yet in a wink,
It came so fast, too fast, ' I’ll say.
As for now I shall dream
Of that day so far away,
And dream so much it may seem,
I shall quickly, soon decay.
'You're still so young, a child' they say.
It chafes me when it’s put this way,
Because I wish for so much more
When I live each day
ready to soar.
Anna Maria's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape to Dreams | Poems From My Youth by Anna Maria )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA