Escape to Dreams | Poems From My Youth
In my dreams I can see;
I can see so far away.
I wish I knew who I might be
Long from now when I will say:
'I can hardly even think
Of when I thought of this day.
So far to come, yet in a wink,
It came so fast, too fast, ' I’ll say.
As for now I shall dream
Of that day so far away,
And dream so much it may seem,
I shall quickly, soon decay.
'You're still so young, a child' they say.
It chafes me when it’s put this way,
Because I wish for so much more
When I live each day
ready to soar.
Anna Maria's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape to Dreams | Poems From My Youth by Anna Maria )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Louisa May Alcott
(29 November 1832 – 6 March 1888)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 March 1892 – 15 April 1938)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Los heraldos negros, Cesar Vallejo
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In.., Billy Collins
- Forgetfulness, Billy Collins
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
Poem of the Day
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu