I wonder if there are roses in Heaven.
And when they bloom, they bloom forever.
Only God could be so clever.
They're never affected by the weather.
That's why I'm so strong in believe in.
I refuse to waver.
I bet they won't even have thorns that prickle.
My hand when picked.
They'll smell sweeter than summer's long lasting honeysuckle.
That fills the sweet air.
I wonder if the scent will tickle my little nose.
I bet that I have to step on my lean tiptoes.
Or be lifted by an angel's wings.
Too, even reach such a rose.
The scent and beauty that attracts songbirds and humming birds that sings.
I bet roses in Heaven are as tall as a tree.
Where Heaven's angels swing!
I bet their scent is probably seven times stronger.
With petals that never close.
Only God could create, Eternity's Roses.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Eternity's Roses by Patricia Kelley )
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
- The Only Key, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- A cry from a child, Zintle Groepe
- Hope Again., Tracee Olga
- If, Zintle Groepe
- Look at eyes! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- I'll Be Leaving, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Lob, Edward Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)