I'm Proud To Be A Christian Woman
I try to be a noblewoman.
I reach out to those in need.
I believe in planting a seed.
I give to displaced children.
I open my home to abused and neglected children.
I believe as a Christian woman it's our responsibility to be a mother to the motherless.
I believe as a Christian woman it's our responsibility to clothe the penniless.
I believe as a Christian woman it's our responsibility to offer hope for tomorrow.
These children have seen too much sorrow.
I believe as a Christian woman it's our responsibility to teach our children Biblical principles.
I believe as a Christian woman that you can still love your children, with correct discipline.
I believe as a Christian woman if children are not disciplined, they will live a life of trouble.
Repeating the sins of yesterday, we can make a difference if we step up today.
And be Jesus in the eyes' of a child.
We can possibly prevent a child from turning out wild.
Returning back to their past of drugs, alcohol, abuse and neglect.
We can show them unconditional love without reject.
We can show hurting children a positive reflection.
Of God's love living in a loving Kingdom.
Of unconditional love!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'm Proud To Be A Christian Woman by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Shararat, Akhtar Jawad
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra