James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
EVERY CANADIAN HOSPITAL... MAY 25TH,2013
Every hospital should have a room where sick people can go to die,
And get doctor assisted-suicide with family and say goodbye,
This notion is forbidden by every religion known,
Though they preach high and mighty from a pulpit; they never condone.
And why is death-with-dignity such a struggle in our times?
Is it our religious fanatics want it listed as a crime?
We are all going to die, whether we like it or not,
Sorry to have to tell you; but this is food for thought.
It is only a matter of time before you are on your death bed,
This very idea is what most people avoid and dread,
It’s a complicated affair where the mere mention is shunned,
Politicians always prefer to have this notion adjourned.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem