EVERY CANADIAN HOSPITAL... MAY 25TH,2013
Every hospital should have a room where sick people can go to die,
And get doctor assisted-suicide with family and say goodbye,
This notion is forbidden by every religion known,
Though they preach high and mighty from a pulpit; they never condone.
And why is death-with-dignity such a struggle in our times?
Is it our religious fanatics want it listed as a crime?
We are all going to die, whether we like it or not,
Sorry to have to tell you; but this is food for thought.
It is only a matter of time before you are on your death bed,
This very idea is what most people avoid and dread,
It’s a complicated affair where the mere mention is shunned,
Politicians always prefer to have this notion adjourned.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (EVERY CANADIAN HOSPITAL... MAY 25TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
- Falling Down, Edward Kofi Louis
- FIRST LOVE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Hidden treasure of her beauty, ademola oluwabusayo
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2010, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)