Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Expected To Be Protected
There was a time I too,
For my insecurities.
And excused my frustrations.
Then one day,
My faith was all I had left.
And I awakened to a depth of understanding.
With a comprehension that scared me half to death.
I realized I fed myself a safety net of deceptions.
And expected to be protected by God.
And God tested me with truth.
The kind that peels away all falsities.
Leaving me with a peace of mind.
I believed outside myself I had to find!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.