Expelled From Eden
Shifting shadows shroud proud hopes once bright,
Expectations dampen, disconnect.
Sweet promise teeters, sudden circumspect.
Time's march mutes rhyme, climb turns descent, delight
Over as promise peters out despite
Love's theme which once seemed shared song strong, dream decked
Enchantingly with passions too perfect.
Magic unsustained, heart pained, from flight,
Yet still protesting, falls into dark night.
Vacant stare, anticipations wrecked,
On oaths unkept, rejection, broods. Respect
Is battered, sjattered joy leaves painful bite.
Confidence, contested, tasting tears,
Expelled from Eden, traces wasted years.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Expelled From Eden by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya