I do what I do is extraordinary indeed
I can birth a man child
and raise him right you see.
I go to work maintaining my status
I can buy and fry the bacon
adding tomato and lettuce.
I do what I do with little money in the bank,
I can stretch a meal and dress to kill
and get the attention of many men still.
I do what I do is the reason I breathe
a match together like cornbread and greens.
I'm empowered to be me, I have a degree.
A tiger in business, brilliant in making decisions.
Can bounce back from failure, I pay my own bills.
My strong faith keeps negativity on wheels.
I do what I do is amazing at best
there is no one like me
I'm a cut above the rest.
Did I mention I'm protective
like a bullet proof vest?
Stiletto wearing queen, don't try to test.
Yeah I'm curvy, nervy, daring oh yes,
but what do you expect?
I am a single woman doing all this.
I have plumpy lips, big oh hips,
thighs that's fat, round butt to match,
hour glass shape, I look good in my cape.
Sheri Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extraordinary Me by Sheri Brown )
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
- The snow is pretty., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The bells do ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)