I do what I do is extraordinary indeed
I can birth a man child
and raise him right you see.
I go to work maintaining my status
I can buy and fry the bacon
adding tomato and lettuce.
I do what I do with little money in the bank,
I can stretch a meal and dress to kill
and get the attention of many men still.
I do what I do is the reason I breathe
a match together like cornbread and greens.
I'm empowered to be me, I have a degree.
A tiger in business, brilliant in making decisions.
Can bounce back from failure, I pay my own bills.
My strong faith keeps negativity on wheels.
I do what I do is amazing at best
there is no one like me
I'm a cut above the rest.
Did I mention I'm protective
like a bullet proof vest?
Stiletto wearing queen, don't try to test.
Yeah I'm curvy, nervy, daring oh yes,
but what do you expect?
I am a single woman doing all this.
I have plumpy lips, big oh hips,
thighs that's fat, round butt to match,
hour glass shape, I look good in my cape.
Sheri Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Extraordinary Me by Sheri Brown )
- Money Or Value, Louis Borgo
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
- goals II, douglas scotney
- Two Beautiful Glittering Stars, Aftab Alam
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)