Do you know what it feels like to be left behind?
Losing everyone around you in such little time.
I try not to worry since they're left in the past,
But it's hard going through life knowing nothing ever lasts.
It's hard to hide behind this frown,
When on the inside you're on the verge of a breakdown.
I've lost everyone that meant the world to me.
All I have left of them are these memories.
You have no idea how badly I want them back.
But they've left me in the past which was their plan of attack.
The pain of losing them will never go away.
I'm tired of feeling like this every day.
I feel like I no longer belong.
I fake my happiness to show nothing's wrong
jade Slatyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Failed Friendships by jade Slatyer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Winter = 2015, Tom Zart
- In The Past I Never Saw, Karen GonzalezVidela
- More Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Phantom!, Denis Martindale
- Combing Interior Forces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Songs of A Bull Frog (Part Three) .., Merton Lee
- Awesome Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluid Insturmental Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satisfied, Robert Ronnow
- Ones Parents, michael walkerjohn