~ Fallen angel ~ Part 1
So tired of living
So tired of inhaling each breath
It's as if nothing happens here
Just slowly awaiting the hour of death
Born with the sentence on my forehead
All I can ever do is live
And wait the creases on my face
To mark the passing of the years
What is the use of youth, so futile,
When old age's slowly creeping in?
I wish… well, I just wish that sometime
I'd capture time, freeze it within
the cold light of a star, at night time.
When all the world is going cold
I'd be the only heartbeat sound there,
A lively "tum-tum", never old…
I've been told by a fortuneteller
That falling stars are angels
Crossing the night sky
And that the sudden cold, eerie wind
Which sometimes makes me moan
Eyes closed, deep in my sleep,
Is them, passing through our realm,
Flapping their feathered wings,
Reaching their white, cold hands
To feed their hunger…
"What do they hunger for, I wonder? "
"It's dreams, my child, the angels crave.
Their realm of endless godly beauty
Is cold and silent like a grave."
From that day on, I knew my purpose:
I'd dream so vividly each night
Of all the world's wondrous wonders
I'd tempt an angel, who then might
Come down to Earth, embrace me tightly
Not ever able to get back
To Heaven, as the dream, so lightly
Would make him, slowly, prisoner.
Irinuca Felixuca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ Fallen angel ~ Part 1 by Irinuca Felixuca )
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)