Contemplate in mournful silence a hero’s dream of lust and violence
Or an angel falling from the sky just to watch all goodness die.
Folly’s thought was to fight. Evil defied my crumbling might.
A victory for the menacing fiend who could not laugh and intervened.
So I close my eyes to open my hands and avoid the sight I cannot stand
Shades of yellow block the view. To sheets of green, he’s pointing you.
Where ghosts of idols lie in wait and jealous whispers feed on hate.
The haunting presence of a fissure cracking wide between two shapes of different size
Beckons thoughts of origin, and angels near shout out my sin.
The calling echoes through my mind, the fear of who will come and what they’ll find.
Pursue the dream of an honest fool who doesn’t think of breaking rules
Instead he stumbles onto crime; efforts to change him waste your time
Habitual actions that are bred in times of struggle only spread.
Malicious deeds of a hand once pure seek to kill the only cure.
It lies in every human heart, a will that’s free and sets a few apart.
Nick Kasparie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling Heroes by Nick Kasparie )
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
- We are superior to all, Aftab Alam
- Love Deity, Aftab Alam
- Your Love Affairs With Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- With love affairs, hasmukh amathalal
- Countries and Regimes, Ananta Madhavan
- It was a sleepless night never forgotten, Bashyam Narayanan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)