Hamza Al Saieedy
Farewell My Town
Thy day, Thy light, Thy tender bright,
Thy dark, thy cold and thy slow night!
I see through thee! Thy lovely sight.
Living truth, thy youth; hath no might!
No words to say or thing to do! ?
My town, thy gown, beautiful view,
Thy eye, The sky, thy flowing blue.
How mean of that seen, shining too!
Seen them passing by where I read,
They farm thy land, they sow thy seed,
Might be our friends, they are indeed!
Walking by thy river and reed.
Often dull hours I have in thee,
Yet; I won't forget what thou be,
Thou are the spirit of beauty,
Thou are me and my fantasy!
Shall I say farewell my town? bye! ?
A lady Thee seems to my eye,
A Town robed by it lands and sky.
With in thou hope lives; yet dreams die!
Hamza Al Saieedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell My Town by Hamza Al Saieedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Loser, Jason Yu)
- Poetry in Motion, Jason Yu)
- To See It To Experience It For Yourself, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom