James Darwin Smith II
Fighting Rhyme With Or Without Reason
Love, I am overcoming your pain
Or am I?
So much passion lost today
High fiving ambitions paving the way
No more blue
The skies are grey
Where is hope?
Buried deep into the calamity of heartless graves
Who am I?
Who were they?
Flashes in the pan
Stuck upon love's decay
Is this where Dr Seuss's metaphors,
Dissipate into oblivion?
Is Medusa alive and well?
Staring into the kindred hearts of a shying society?
Have Cupid's arrows lost all of their strength?
Unable to fight for hopeless romantic endeavours
Making love a mirage
To even their own admirations
Flesh is limited
True love flows beyond even spirituality
Floating into a realm of unexplained motions
Balancing the waters of real emotions,
Through the depths of one's true character as a whole
Venturing through uncharted dreams yet to be fulfilled
Will everyone learn of what true love is?
Perhaps only till the candy is taken away
From those who trick and treat at a rented pace
Always knowing business is open
For those who try acting out their fairy tale fantasies
Guile is fun at times
Frolicking on golden intentions
Mixing things up
Always keeping things fresh
As relaxation becomes a giant sigh of self-relief
True love never has a price
It is stronger than any materialistic thing
So many must open up their eyes
Stop using love as if it was only a game
I have learned so much in life
Still learning to this very day
As I strive on destroying every rhyme burdened by every dull cliché
Yet, I do need to have fun,
Excitement in so many different ways
As I give rhyme no reason
To overstay its redundant stay
My heart is free
As it flies higher than ever before
I am self-medicating myself into an optimistic lifestyle
Becoming stronger each and every day
Love, I am overcoming your pain
Love, Take me or leave me,
I know I always have myself
No matter what, the skies shall always remain blue
As dreams await my arrival
Love, I shall strive for you
Will you thrive for me?
Ah, I have a lot of patience, anyways….
James Darwin Smith II's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fighting Rhyme With Or Without Reason by James Darwin Smith II )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- More we walked., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel