Fire And Ice
Fire and ice, fire and ice,
Fire and ice, they will suffice.
With the huge flames glowing, glowing
And the glaciers overflowing.
First the heat and then the cold
The Bible told in days of old.
No more water just the curse
Of fire and ice which seems much worse.
Here I am on bended knees
Praying that I will not freeze.
I'm glad You promised no more flood
But did You have to boil my blood?
Did you have to freeze them off
That old brass monkey
And leave him braying like a donkey?
With this myth I now thee wed
And stumble toward my weary bed.
To sleep it off until the morn
And curse the day that I was born.
Fire and ice, fire and ice
Fire and ice they did suffice.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire And Ice by George Hunter )
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery