Fire And Ice
Fire and ice, fire and ice,
Fire and ice, they will suffice.
With the huge flames glowing, glowing
And the glaciers overflowing.
First the heat and then the cold
The Bible told in days of old.
No more water just the curse
Of fire and ice which seems much worse.
Here I am on bended knees
Praying that I will not freeze.
I'm glad You promised no more flood
But did You have to boil my blood?
Did you have to freeze them off
That old brass monkey
And leave him braying like a donkey?
With this myth I now thee wed
And stumble toward my weary bed.
To sleep it off until the morn
And curse the day that I was born.
Fire and ice, fire and ice
Fire and ice they did suffice.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire And Ice by George Hunter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip