Playing in the fire and twilight together,
My little son and I,
Suddenly--woefully--I stoop to catch him.
"Try, mother, try!"
Old Nurse Silence lifts a silent finger:
"Hush! cease your play!"
What happened? What in that tiny moment
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Firelight by Katherine Mansfield )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Make Your Own Path (Secret Message), Ronald Chapman
- Cognizance, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dark Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- My Brook, Helen Hay Whitney
- Expectancy, Terrance Tracy
- deaith, Ewa Busayourmi
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney