' ' ' ' ' 'FLAMES OF WATER
The white white walls
of the swimming pool
are on fire
with the reflections
of the water
Flames of water
dance upon walls
as you emerge
from these Sunday waters
like a Venus
in a clinging wool costume.
Me clammed up
tight as a shell
'I love you! '
Now far away from
the watery flames
of my pre-pubescent
through all those years.
I forever nine...
...you forever ten.
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' ' ' ' ' 'FLAMES OF WATER by Dónall Dempsey )
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of God, Patricia Spears Jones
- What I Have Not Done for Love, Patricia Spears Jones
- Painkiller, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)