For Those with Nothing, but Daydream of Everything.
The feeling that stirs in my heart is unworthiness. I am no one, but a zero. In my thoughts I do hope for the best intentions- I only see the smiles of the world. But without money, and independence, we are trapped in the machine of this socio-economic abhorrence- we who are given to this wondrous Earth involuntarily, we who are criminals for having been born at all, we who find Death and ask for delivery from this artificial gloom and doom. What I would give if I could go to a place that does not ask but welcome, where we are not hidden from the raw material that is the basis of our sustenance!
If you're intelligent (but bear most of all unabashed open-mindedness) , you wonder how adamant people cling to their solemnity, ego, and subsequent wretched lifestyle, and see nothing but themselves.
The discord and odd timings of conversation are the sole reasons for misunderstandings. Those who have learned not to let go, in dire need of a comedic spirit, or know not how to release the inner chaos and anguish- suffer. The moment which is ever-fleeting (but which serves paradoxically as an endless welcoming) is all we have my dears.
Sadness can savagely devour all entrails of emotions. In these down-trodden cases, man is a broken shard, longing for his whole and entirety. I am better off finding a way to leave every familiarity be for even a tool becomes wearisome of clumsily building a vulnerable haven.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (For Those with Nothing, but Daydream of Everything. by Rafael Cazares )
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
- Not good, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)