John L. Sanders
Flower Of Christmas Day
Was January and the year must start.
The Christmas passed had warmed the heart,
But the flowers had gone before the ice and snow
Had set the scene with it's winter glow.
It seems so sad that it happens this way
That there would be no flowers on Christmas Day.
But as one looks back on the day of Christ,
As the children play and the children smile,
There's no flower can take their place
With all that happiness in their face.
As they run and play all day until night,
They show no fear of the snow and ice.
So let's count our blessings since we have seen
The purest flower of all our dreams.
A healthy child that runs and plays
Helps brighten our lives in many ways.
That the prettiest flower that blooms in May
Can't compete with this flower of Christmas Day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flower Of Christmas Day by John L. Sanders )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Beauty of Poetry, Lilly Emery
- incontinence, lee fones
- Soccer World Cup 2014, Zoila T. Flores
- your heart would have looked beautiful o.., Mandolyn Davidson
- you remain beneath the swing set, Mandolyn Davidson
- though foe, you friend me well, Mandolyn Davidson
- To Nuke the Mirror, Madrason writer
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye