John L. Sanders
Flower Of Christmas Day
Was January and the year must start.
The Christmas passed had warmed the heart,
But the flowers had gone before the ice and snow
Had set the scene with it's winter glow.
It seems so sad that it happens this way
That there would be no flowers on Christmas Day.
But as one looks back on the day of Christ,
As the children play and the children smile,
There's no flower can take their place
With all that happiness in their face.
As they run and play all day until night,
They show no fear of the snow and ice.
So let's count our blessings since we have seen
The purest flower of all our dreams.
A healthy child that runs and plays
Helps brighten our lives in many ways.
That the prettiest flower that blooms in May
Can't compete with this flower of Christmas Day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flower Of Christmas Day by John L. Sanders )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum