To sleep upon the eagle's wings,
And dream of flying high.
To soar beyond all mundane things;
Make real the longing sigh.
Up and up and up, we go,
Till from the distant air,
We see the ground spread out below,
Laid out with loving care.
The roads and paths that intersect,
The ones wind around,
Make us stop and introspect,
To where our lives our bound.
How many can we touch down there,
Among the shackled free?
To what delight can we compare
For surely in the sprawled mass
Of those unconnected unaware,
There's one among those we pass,
Who needs someone to care.
Awaking from the pensive night,
A surprise somewhere we'll find;
The world's become suddenly bright -
We are no longer blind!
Atara Gedalowitz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flying Sight by Atara Gedalowitz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise