Alon Calinao Dy
People may look bad on you,
Stand up tall and be good.
If you are caring and kind,
People will never mind.
If you tell them the truth,
People will speak about lies.
If you are generous to them,
People won't remember it anyway.
If you pray for peace and happiness,
People will hurt you with their hatefulness.
If you become successful in life,
People will tarnish your good name.
If you forgive your enemies,
People will say you're weak.
If you have done your best,
Some will still laugh at you.
Follow the footsteps of our Lord Jesus.
Because in the end,
It's only you and God.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Follow Jesus by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz