Following The Foot Steps Of Casabianca
His fate in his father’s words
Louis de Casabianca dead long ago
Flames lavished on the heroic blood
Father and son perishing in the ship!
Felicia Dorothea Hemans’ lines
Heard by me a thoudsand times
To follow dad verbatim
To stay put in the place you designated!
From the day we started
Doing the partnership in a long span
Did I faulter once in your life time dad?
Your clarion call held the trigger!
Now you are gone dad making me wait
Flames of life all around me roar
How many times have I called upon?
When can I leave my position dad?
Did ever I mean disobedience?
Not even when discretion not my fort
Nor when no shackles binding me
I am the follower of Casabianca’s heroic lad!
Is my life the Battle of Nile Dad?
Me floating on a ballistic ship
With loads of issues
Scorching me down to ashes for sure!
Can I desert my ship dad?
Lots of cares left for me
Must I stay Oh my commander dad?
I am your Giocante, speak Father!
(this is in remembrance of my Father who used to tell this story of Casabianca from our childhood; especially when we went for monthly grocery purchase I used to go from school and Dad used to join from his office; If I was not found at the spot prescribed by him he would tell this story first thing after locating me with an instruction that I should stay at the specified place like Giocante)
rajagopal haran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Following The Foot Steps Of Casabianca by rajagopal haran )
- The boogeyman, Harold R Hunt Sr
- God Alone Knows Our Needs, Dr John Celes
- Static scene, hasmukh amathalal
- My fiance, ramesh rai
- Oh Now, Chris Broast
- A Personal Tribute: In Praise of a Perso.., Dr John Celes
- The Day after grad., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Micro unto Macro, Curtlan Popo
- Birds in a Cage, Tango Tango
- Old House, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Poetry, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)