Fondling Sweet Memories of You
I enjoy my time alone,
when missing you.
Missing you while fondling
sweet memories of you,
while free to lapse
into silly, inappropriate smiles.
Free to sit and write,
Free, with no threat of discovery,
no fear that my face
might tell more than I want known.
Free to to explain my feelings for you,
and how you make me feel about myself;
so much more kindly
than I had before.
I'd never noticed that with other women.
None ever gave me cause
to like myself more,
because of her,
in that way you do.
Red O'Mara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fondling Sweet Memories of You by Red O'Mara )
- Republic, Marshall Gass
- The Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Split-second, Marshall Gass
- Refusing To Wear Masks, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- She- the Lighthouse!, Marshall Gass
- apex, Cee Bea
- Darkness, Kumar Aggarwal
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
- Racers, Nassy Fesharaki
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Dinner Guest: Me, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)