Red O'Mara (Melbourne Australia)
Fondling Sweet Memories of You
I enjoy my time alone,
when missing you.
Missing you while fondling
sweet memories of you,
while free to lapse
into silly, inappropriate smiles.
Free to sit and write,
Free, with no threat of discovery,
no fear that my face
might tell more than I want known.
Free to to explain my feelings for you,
and how you make me feel about myself;
so much more kindly
than I had before.
I'd never noticed that with other women.
None ever gave me cause
to like myself more,
because of her,
in that way you do.
Poet Other Poems
- But Enough
- Fondling Sweet Memories of You
- Her Golden Veil
- How We Used To Be
- I Love The Smell Of Maggie In The Mornin...
- If I Ever Say I Love You It Will Be Poli...
- It Makes Me Happy, To Be With You
- Love Loosed
- More Than One
- My Maggie
- My Maggie's Rhymes
- On a Photograph From Singapore
- On Being Without You
- One Day If I Could Spend The Night
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.