Anna never had a chances
She was rejected as a child.
Messed up parents wrapped in Religion
Never cared about her condition
At two she saw hatred and abuse
Ugly conflicts she could not refuse
Father and mother fought and raged
In domestic scenes they always engaged.
As a teen she was lovely and attractive
But her person in lost values were captive
She worked in a bar and had lots of money
Then she fell into drug dealing, eventually.
Anna met the actor's son who played the dice
Supplied the drugs for her merchandise
She must have crossed him in some devious way
She was murdered by drugs that took her life away.
Anna was my cousin and I longed for those days
When we were young children, and I watched her play
As a two-year old toddler who will never know why
She was bound for such a misery, and later on to die.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Anna by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1923 - 1998)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Every Time I Kiss You, Nizar Qabbani
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra
- Art or no art, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizoenen kwijt, Madrason writer