Lawrence S. Pertillar
For You... I Will Go Along With It
I will admit what I observe daily,
Does not exist with a worthiness to mention.
It will be difficult.
But for you...
I will go along with it.
I am ready to do this.
Only 'if' you admit,
You have a preference for sugar and spice.
With a wish to keep prioritized,
The nice and bright side of life kept highlighted.
And that which you dislike,
I will assist in keeping 'your' illusions alive.
To then pretend we are totally unaffected.
Until we both get home to realize...
Time to take to feed upon delusions,
Does not satisfy the reality of our limits.
When you should ask,
What it is I plan to prepare for us to eat?
I will reply...
'The feast is in the eye of the beholder.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For You... I Will Go Along With It by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)