So I'm alive and you're alive,
So some people care about me,
So I live in a nice house
And have plenty of food?
So what? Because now,
It all means nothing.
For the longest time,
I have loved you and
Lived for you, without you,
Never wanting to let go.
Now, I have seen you again,
And now I know that it's over.
Instead of being devastated,
Like I imagined I would be,
I simply feel nothing,
Like my heart and soul
Have been completely dumped,
Just like all your thoughts of me.
I hate myself for ever
Caring so much for someone like you.
You don't know the truth.
Now, my worst fear is a reality.
You have forgotten me and us.
And now, I want to die.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgot by Stephen Carey )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)