He hangs around the same river,
Still tosses a pebble,
And looks for the ripples,
Now they die rather quickly.
He has always been a loner,
And the river was a friend,
But rivers have a habbit,
Of moving on and on,
He has been left behind.
He wont take the bridge,
He loves his side of the river,
They call him from there,
And he calls the river.
There is a twist in the way of river,
That lives a twisted trail,
It forms a knot,
He is unable to dissolve.
He stares at the river,
Indifferent mass of water,
That has wickedly changed its color,
No longer transparent.
As the sun kisses the sky,
He wakes up again,
He turns to the river
To see his forgotten face,
But river wears a bloody red today,
And his reflection is lost.
The agony of being forgotten
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forgotten by Ankur Shrivastava )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan