It's funny when the leaves start to fall,
After they switch colors with each other,
And the days become shorter.
The bonfires grow taller,
And the school days drag on.
It's funny when the nights grow two times colder, sometimes three,
The fire grows warmer,
And the family ties snap closer.
When a blanket isn't worth near as much as a warming hug.
It's funny when the snow turns to sludge,
Snowmen melt down the drain,
and the world fills with illuminating colors.
When the bees come out of the hives to feed off the blooming buds.
It's funny when you start to wear shorts and it feels like Christmas just went by.
When school lets out for the summer, and the boredom begins.
Where popsicles and ice cream aren't enough to keep you cool.
When all you really want to do is find a nice cold swimming pool.
When friends grow older, more memories are shared.
Bria Floyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Feelings by Bria Floyd )
- Dear self., sadgirl98 noo
- To my dad., sadgirl98 noo
- Solace in Solitude, Donald R Charon
- On Being Governed, Donald R Charon
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)