When will this thirst for freedom slake?
When will our love of slavery die?
When will our Mother's fetters break?
When will our tribulations cease?
Wasn't there another Bharat
Reared by our noble Aryan race?
Lead us, Aryan, to victory!
Is't right we remain slaves?
Are famine and disease alone our share?
For whom, then, are the laurels and fruits?
Will you abandon us, your suppliants?
Can the mother cast her child aside?
Brave warrior! Aryan Lord!
Thou destroyer of the demon-race,
Where is your dharma? Isn't yours the duty
To revive us, and chase Fear away?
[Translated into English By S. Prema]
Subramanya Bharathi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Subramanya Bharathi )
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall