When will this thirst for freedom slake?
When will our love of slavery die?
When will our Mother's fetters break?
When will our tribulations cease?
Wasn't there another Bharat
Reared by our noble Aryan race?
Lead us, Aryan, to victory!
Is't right we remain slaves?
Are famine and disease alone our share?
For whom, then, are the laurels and fruits?
Will you abandon us, your suppliants?
Can the mother cast her child aside?
Brave warrior! Aryan Lord!
Thou destroyer of the demon-race,
Where is your dharma? Isn't yours the duty
To revive us, and chase Fear away?
[Translated into English By S. Prema]
Subramanya Bharathi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Subramanya Bharathi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Living up to love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Leave Sorrow Behind, Paul Gerard Reed
- A LANDSCAPE IS AWAITING..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- الغابة السوداء, نزار قباني
- <<< Free Conscience, Abdul Wahab
- شموس, نزار قباني
- المعطف, نزار قباني
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem: Hymnody, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey