Friendliness is not just friendship (J)
Friendliness is not just friendship
The difference is between a boat and a large ship
A room with few windows or open sky
Friendliness is all embracing and ever widening circle of relationship.
Buddha calls it 'Maitri, ' an expansion of oneself
Reaching out to all with love and compassion
Not a stagnant puddle but an ocean
A loving kindness, unconditional sharing of yourself.
We all have relationship of friends and family
Extending some times to community and nation but rarely to the human family
Stagnant and isolated pools of relationship often breed conflicts and wars
A couple, family, a few friends or community can gang up to have Mafia wars.
But friendship and family can be a lab and a beginning
For creating and nurturing unconditional loving
Love- spiral freezes at any level it hardens into a fort of battle
We can learn unconditional and expanding love from a tiny flower with its fragrance tenderly spreading.
TD. Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendliness is not just friendship (J) by TD. Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL