@ From Jerusalem to Emmaus
From Jerusalem to Emmaus
The empty tomb
space of confusion
darkness inside our mother’s womb
the conflict between relations;
The empty net
A sense of fear loosing a face
Life’s shadow hover our chest
a fatal blow of a broken race;
The empty heart
cannot be filled with faith
head full of law thwart
the truth broken in line,
Breaking together between
faith and believing-
The community spirit, was and is
Composed in Kasama, Zambia on 2007
The poem is a reflection on the Biblical account of the two disciples leaving Jerusalem going to Emmaus after the crucifixion and death of Jesus. The “From Jerusalem to Emmaus” depicts the imagery of Jerusalem as the holy city and the walking away from it as unfaith/ discouragement after the fall/death of the leader (Jesus) these disciples trusted and followed (read the whole account in Luke 24: 13-27) .
Jordan Legaspi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (@ From Jerusalem to Emmaus by Jordan Legaspi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai