Pablo Neruda (12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973 / Parral / Chile)
from The Book of Questions
Tell me, is the rose naked
or is that her only dress?
Why do trees conceal
the splendor of their roots?
Who hears the regrets
of the thieving automobile?
Is there anything in the world sadder
than a train standing in the rain?
Poet Other Poems
- ‘Carnal Apple, Woman Filled, Burning Moo...
- ‘In the wave-strike over unquiet stones’
- ‘March days return with their covert lig...
- ‘Perhaps not to be is to be without your...
- A Dog Has Died
- A Lemon
- A Song Of Despair
- Algunas Bestias
- And because Love battles
- Brown and Agile Child
- Canto XII from The Heights of Macchu Pic...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.