RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Burned beyond recognition - a stressful day at work
has taken it's toll.
Pulled in ten different directions while nothing
Phones ringing, clients needing information, baby-
sitting while a mother-daughter review their files.
Watching to make sure they didn't slip out any
papers or documents - not being able to leave the
room for lunch until they were done with their hunt.
Receptionist being trained - can't answer phones -
other receptionist doesn't want to help and I am
pulled and stuck with phones again.
As a rule, ringing phones don't bother or agitate
me, it's just that for today, I feel angrily
frustrated for not being able to finish my own work.
(5: 16 p.m. - 1/24/00)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Frustrating Job by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)