FULFILLMENT, LOVE, PURPOSE & JOY
A wise man gives up what he can't keep
To gain what he cannot lose.
Through life we make our judgments
Praying for the right path to choose.
Believers feel God is a footstep away
With His love, forgiveness and power.
All we have to do is observe His word
And by divine intervention we flower.
Never be afraid to pray humbly to God
For His light to shine from your face.
The more we surrender and obey His will
The more we facilitate His Grace.
Life without faith, deliverance and love
Becomes a selfish person's hell.
By severing our Lord without question
We stay happier, productive, and well.
The Lord is aware of all we commit
Our secrets, joys, evils and fears.
Loving us despite our repeated mistakes
And even more, when we cry out in tears.
When the voice of wisdom cries out
The grace of God is never-ending.
Search for those who highlight the worthy
And shun what is selfish and condescending.
Wisdom is better than the touch of woman
Rubies, silver or kingdoms of gold.
Blessed are those who follow God's path
Without fear of their deeds being told.
Man's fear of death sustains his repentance
As God's seed of Goodness stirs within.
When sinners entice you, refuse consent
For the shameless shall suffer without end.
When the gift of wisdom glorifies your heart
And the harmony of knowledge is pleasant to your soul.
You will be delivered from the deeds of ignorance
As the numbers of the wicked register their toll.
God's wisdom is inspiration of spirit
In every thing we consume and employ.
Knowledge is mankind's only hope
Of fulfillment, love, purpose and joy.
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom's 763 Poems Are Free To Share!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FULFILLMENT, LOVE, PURPOSE & JOY by Tom Zart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Key to My Heart, Whitney Brown
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas Dad, David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad