Jonathan ROBIN (22 September / London)
The world, two hundred years ago,
was held in thrall to pall of war
with many victims. Few foresaw
the outcomes chosen by Time's flow.
Crisis economic stop and go
the present highlights more and more
what yesterday men might adore
tomorrow burns, reactions blow
away old idols, insult throw
on injury, swift finding flaw
with past traditions. What's in store?
What's hidden from the will to know?
The wheel full circle turns, closed door
frustrates week's weak, creates piqued poor.
(4 December 2008)
Poet Other Poems
- *Intelligent Design*
- *Rubaiyat of Invention and Innovation - ...
- *Stranger in Strange Crowd*
- *Superlative Story*
- ... and Lethewards have sunk
- ? Litotes ?
- [H]our Glass after Richard Seymour - The...
- [L]ink Weavers
- 101 Of Room 202
- A Beam of Light
- A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
- A Cross Trick Act
- A Dog's Life
- A Fire-Sided T.V. Chat By A Farsighted G...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.