I was laying a night,
My arms open wide..
Is life as delight,
As to live for pride..
Maybe it wasn't all,
As it was expected to be,
Suddenly I feel so small,
Is it up to the gamblings policy? !
Is fate not a choice!
And if it is, it has been made!
Can you hear my trembling voice? !
You should all be afraid!
Will it thunder, will it rain?
Will it hail, or will it snow?
People say; ' Oh, can you this explain? !
No! 'Cause I am lost -also-!
Is it Tuesday, is it Friday?
Is it January or June?
People say; ' Oh, is it like when gamblers play? !
Yes! They're playing such a tune!
Gamblers why do you live on luck?
What is it that you seek?
I'll grab you and pain you and throw you in my truck!
And drop you off at someplace mystique..!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gambling by Dan Lundahl )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma