Gardening 2. They beat me!
- You’ve been a gardener long.
- Oh yes. More than two score
Years, and I’m positive
That our God does give
Scope for tries to grow
The plants that can’t be grown
Easily, and tries to beat
The weeds that can hardly be
_________- Last June you won a prize
For that flower-bed. That’s nice!
- Hem… the weeds that grew there
__________- I dare swear
The prize was won by these weeds!
- I couldn’t win.
______________- But you did!
Konstantin Ananin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gardening 2. They beat me! by Konstantin Ananin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires
- Red-mouthed Small Monkeys, Indian Monkeys, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Do I Write? How Do I Feel I, Think I?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing (Arabic & Conservative), Bijay Kant Dubey
- There's Been a Horror in the Opposite Ho.., Ismim Putera
- TWO KINDS OF WOMEN, Philo Yan
- The House in the Coconut Farm, Ismim Putera