Gardening 2. They beat me!
- You’ve been a gardener long.
- Oh yes. More than two score
Years, and I’m positive
That our God does give
Scope for tries to grow
The plants that can’t be grown
Easily, and tries to beat
The weeds that can hardly be
_________- Last June you won a prize
For that flower-bed. That’s nice!
- Hem… the weeds that grew there
__________- I dare swear
The prize was won by these weeds!
- I couldn’t win.
______________- But you did!
Konstantin Ananin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gardening 2. They beat me! by Konstantin Ananin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison