Worked in aviation (1981-1991) . Became a doctor (1989) . Have been a teacher of English since 1997. Published a book for children 'IVERHYMES! ! ! ' (2006) . Prefer writing iverhymes, but usually call them 'iverhycks' (sounds like limericks, at least partly) . Iverhymes aren't anything new in poetry, but special rhymes (guess why special, but don't think it's because they're funny: sometimes they ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Konstantin Ananin Poems
Sweet theme 1. Home… sweet home. (Parody...
Home’s a place where Your parents take care Of you, and any time You want, you easily find
You left me! (Parody on 'Drinking makes ...
You left me! The only friend That could always help me to stand Any sorrow or pain. How could you break the chain
- Hey, you! Bird! Sing! - Impossible, I mean You should first pay. - Aha! OK!
‘I know’ will be my answer.
- Art! Why are getting This enormous pig in? Your Ellen is known as A woman who hates a mess.
About Brother Rabbit.
Brother Rabbit and Brother Terrapin wanted to run round a tree. They went to Brother Bear and asked him to be the referee. He said to Brother Terrapin, “You win if you’re the first to take the stone! ” Brother Rabbit ran and won as Brother Terrapin could only go,
A brilliant idea.
- You need some more stamps. ___________________________- Why? I’ve already put on five. - You see, your letter is too
Let me touch you – I’ll become a gentle wind. Let me kiss you –
Acrostic 1. Starfish?
Starfish? Are they the creatures That are covered with small stars? Are their typical features Rather unusual? Are
Acrostic 5. I feel your hands.
I feel Nan’s and Mummy’s hands Far away, in distant lands. Eagles are soaring in the sky. Ermines always try to hide.
By the Caribbean Sea.
- If you spend your holiday By the Caribbean Sea, It shows you have money. - I think you’re wrong, Honey.
- One, two, three… - What shall we play? - Hide-and-seek, Six, seven, eight,
What do we have books for?
- I’m going to give you some Books for your birthday. - Never mind, I’ve read the one You gave me on New Year’s Day.
First come, first... eaten.
First come, first served. (Proverb) . When angry, count a hundred. (Proverb) . - It’s dinner-time! Come on in!
Stars are calling!
- I don’t want to fly To that distant Milky Way! - Don’t be so shy, Everything's OK!
Comments about Konstantin Ananin
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Sweet theme 1. Home… sweet home. (Parody on poem “Home” by Yoonoos Peerbocus) .
Home’s a place where
Your parents take care
Of you, and any time
You want, you easily find
Many sweets in the vase
Or can get at the jars
With different jams.
But why ‘ORs’ if ‘ANDs’!
Yes! Taking a spoon
You enjoy jams. Soon
You take a fruit-drop
And aren’t caught on the hop
Because it is Gran
Who’s glad to give them
To you with a smile.
Your manners can’t rile
Anyone if the ice-cream
Turns into a dream:
All of them know
Who ate it. So,
I can only say
A real genius made
Two different words meet!
What words? ‘Home’ and ...