Gardens Of Poetic Verse
You charm me with honor, pride, grace and soul
with heartfelt lines, yet worldly told,
contained within your sweeping rhymes
are words of life enthroned in time.
Your accent soft of sadness born
carried on foreign wings of song
with woodwind notes that linger air
then flowing downward in a tear.
And may that teardrop never dry
may kindest feelings fill your eye
your lips redeemed by simple smiles,
knowledge, truth and human trials.
Unknown to you, you gave me wings,
in accent tones and wordless strings,
a smile perhaps one day bestowed
embedded deeply in my prose.
In gardens of poetic verse
what is expression, but secret thirst;
when words are all I drink to live,
when words are all I have to give.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I wanted to gift you with thoughts sincere.
Comments about this poem (Gardens Of Poetic Verse by Captain Cur )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- A Blast of His Breath, Francie Lynch
- Disposition, Adriana Avila
- Leaving her, James Jarrett
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid