To garland you in warm welcome,
I decide to pluck flowers from the garden;
The garden vacant this morn;
The roses in the garden
As if in reply to
The blowing winds;
Wisely nod their heads..
The long stalked lilies
Beside the smiling marigold
The slant sun on back warm
Which flowers to pluck?
The passion red roses yonder
Or the cupped gentle white lilies?
Weighing the thought in mind
I walk in a circle...
Smiling at the twittering sparrows
I retrace my steps
A garland of aromatic white lilies
To make ready
For the evening...
malini kadir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Garlanding you...... by malini kadir )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)