Theodora (Theo) Onken
You were like the gift of Spring--
A bouquet of Red Roses and Babys Breath...
You rescued me from an empty sea...
Saving me from a loveless death.
Oh the regrets i held so deep--
Fathomless and nearly beyond repair...
But you were like the gift of Spring--
Tell you- there were blossoms everywhere.
You were a virtual meadow of forget-me-nots...
Altering my depths with loving care...
Becoming an ocean of scintilating waves of rapture...
A verdent garden of bloom scented oceanic air.
Yes -you were like the gift of Spring--
A garden-a bloom-a calm and fulfilled sea...
You were my miracle i oft' prayed for...
Binding us together for eternity.
Dedicated to: My husband.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Gift))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
Did you read them?
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(c. 600 BCE)