Theodora (Theo) Onken
You were like the gift of Spring--
A bouquet of Red Roses and Babys Breath...
You rescued me from an empty sea...
Saving me from a loveless death.
Oh the regrets i held so deep--
Fathomless and nearly beyond repair...
But you were like the gift of Spring--
Tell you- there were blossoms everywhere.
You were a virtual meadow of forget-me-nots...
Altering my depths with loving care...
Becoming an ocean of scintilating waves of rapture...
A verdent garden of bloom scented oceanic air.
Yes -you were like the gift of Spring--
A garden-a bloom-a calm and fulfilled sea...
You were my miracle i oft' prayed for...
Binding us together for eternity.
Dedicated to: My husband.
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (((( Gift))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Never Stoop, Neela Nath
- Eating Out At The Elephant Bar, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Road To The Moon, Neela Nath
- Worry not, my dear, gajanan mishra
- The Onlys, douglas scotney
- First Impressions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is there any thing called death?, gajanan mishra
- Hiding In Daylight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My First Day, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Oh Stranger, Liilia Talts Morrison