Give Me Not A Sea For A Mother ..... [ response to John Westlake's 'The Sailing Boat PItches ; stormy seas and boats; QUITE SHORT; Humor (i hope) ]
John Westlake wrote a poem, The Sailing Boat Pitches.
In it he compares a boat to a babe, and the Sea is as a bitch is,
a rocking tempest swinging her babe violently, side to side.
The rocking is so violent that her babe broke down and cried.
The kid's mast broke off; i hate to guess what babe-part that was.
In time, thank God, the mom calmed down; no longer did she buzz....
like a chainsaw creating havoc for her sweet tormented sea-child.
I think Mom should take sedatives.........to NEVER more be wild.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'25 A Sailboat's Last Thoughts.......[Human/Sailboat Nature; Drama; Weather] 11/16/2012'
it is longer. bri :)
Comments about this poem (Give Me Not A Sea For A Mother ..... [ response to John Westlake's 'The Sailing Boat PItches ; stormy seas and boats; QUITE SHORT; Humor (i hope) ] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan