Give Me Not A Sea For A Mother ..... [ response to John Westlake's 'The Sailing Boat PItches ; stormy seas and boats; QUITE SHORT; Humor (i hope) ]
John Westlake wrote a poem, The Sailing Boat Pitches.
In it he compares a boat to a babe, and the Sea is as a bitch is,
a rocking tempest swinging her babe violently, side to side.
The rocking is so violent that her babe broke down and cried.
The kid's mast broke off; i hate to guess what babe-part that was.
In time, thank God, the mom calmed down; no longer did she buzz....
like a chainsaw creating havoc for her sweet tormented sea-child.
I think Mom should take sedatives.........to NEVER more be wild.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'25 A Sailboat's Last Thoughts.......[Human/Sailboat Nature; Drama; Weather] 11/16/2012'
it is longer. bri :)
Comments about this poem (Give Me Not A Sea For A Mother ..... [ response to John Westlake's 'The Sailing Boat PItches ; stormy seas and boats; QUITE SHORT; Humor (i hope) ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)