Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You
To have you in my life,
Means everything to me,
I loved you once, loved you twice,
I think you’d agree.
I’ve done everything for you,
I guess it wasn’t good enough,
All the chances you didn’t take,
Going through that time was tough.
Our separate ways, we went,
I just wasn’t the one you want,
My heart ached for your love,
Everyone knew, but it was me, which they taunt.
Now, I’ve moved on,
I found someone new,
I’m very happy now,
What about you?
You were one of my favorite friends,
We still talk, but it’s not the same,
I guess you will never know,
You just had to blow out that flame.
I still love you, whether you know it or not,
You’re still my best friend,
Now, I’m happy with the one I’m with,
I hate to say it, but
This is the end.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye, My Friend, but I Still Love You by Ocean Myranda )
Did you read them?
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
- Dead Stone, ramesh rai
- Our Lives, Sandra Feldman
- All Mine, For Me, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)