In the world of the haves verses the have not.
In a time where there seem to very little hope.
In a country where poverty is the meal that many set
Should we all say a little prayer
before we go to sleep.
And cry for the children that lives in a place.
Where the might Earth shakes, and their homes of
disappear into the rubble
Say a little pray for God to reach down.
gather their souls like a mother hen gathering her chicks before
a coming storm.
Put them in a safe place far removed from the death in the street.
Pray for the Lord to help them find away out of the darkness and
into the light.
So say a little prayer for all the little children before they go to sleep.
Say a little prayer for all the children that can't.
So God will take their souls in his hands to keep.
jackie compton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodnight Haiti by jackie compton )
- Fight for Closure, Bree Balzly
- Pictures Of Interior Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Period Of Grace And Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Becoming Pictures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blessed September, Shqipe Prence
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)