In the world of the haves verses the have not.
In a time where there seem to very little hope.
In a country where poverty is the meal that many set
Should we all say a little prayer
before we go to sleep.
And cry for the children that lives in a place.
Where the might Earth shakes, and their homes of
disappear into the rubble
Say a little pray for God to reach down.
gather their souls like a mother hen gathering her chicks before
a coming storm.
Put them in a safe place far removed from the death in the street.
Pray for the Lord to help them find away out of the darkness and
into the light.
So say a little prayer for all the little children before they go to sleep.
Say a little prayer for all the children that can't.
So God will take their souls in his hands to keep.
jackie compton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodnight Haiti by jackie compton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Own Experience Overwhelms Us, Shalom Freedman